|Babe's Production Super Bulky Delta Wheel|
Babe's Production Super Bulky Delta Flyer Double Treadle Conversion Kit
1. Take parts out of box and put on the floor.
2. Take maiden off of present wheel and drive band.
3. Put new 72" drive under the treadles and put over top of wheel and in the back so that you will be able to lift it over the new maiden.
4. Take long tube with the snap fitting at the end and snap it onto the base between treadles.
5 Put the maiden on and push down to seat it.
6. Take the flyer out and fine the small white ring and put it on the bass tube, next a bobbin, and then the 8" whorl.
7. Put the flyer in the bearing of the maiden and put on the 3/4" collar leaving enough room for the brake to go on top of the brass tube. Tighter with Allen wrench. wrench has a piece of Velcro to attach it to the Velcro on side of maiden.
8. Lift the drive band up and put on the whorl
9. Put a leader on the Babe aid and over lap it a couple of times. then through the key rings and out the delta.
10. The rest is up to you. Warning be sure to OIL at both ends of the bobbin the whorl and the bearing in the maiden and also the leather brake. It will have a lot of pull in until you get it adjusted.
11. Have fun spinning that super bulky and fancy yarn.
New Brake System
The round loop of leather attaches to the end of the bolt goes over the brass tube of the flyer and connects to the hook of the tightening bolt that has the wing nut.
The two black collars on the brass use the one in front of the whorl to keep if from disconnecting from the bobbin and the other is to keep the flyer from going to far forward.